Tribal EPA's Mission
The mission of the Santa Rosa Rancheria Tribal EPA is to protect human health and to safeguard the natural environment;
— air, water, and land —
upon which life depends.
Tribal EPA's purpose is to ensure that:
- All Americans are protected from significant risks to human health and the environment where they live, learn and work.
- National and local efforts to reduce environmental risk are based on the best available scientific information.
- Federal and Tribal laws protecting human health and the environment are enforced fairly and effectively.
- Environmental protection is an integral consideration in U.S. policies concerning natural resources, human health, economic growth, energy, transportation, agriculture, industry, and international trade, and these factors are similarly considered in establishing environmental policy.
- All parts of society—communities, individuals, business, state and local governments, and tribal governments have access to accurate information sufficient to effectively participate in managing human health and environmental risks.
- Environmental protection contributes to making our communities and ecosystems diverse, sustainable and economically productive.